cupsaddsmb without password

Franz Pförtsch franz.pfoertsch at brose.net
Tue Jan 11 07:35:35 GMT 2005

Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> On Thu, 23 Dec 2004, Franz Pförtsch wrote:
>
>> I am try to build a cupsaddsmb without a userpassword. I added a new
>> switch (-P) , this new flag makes it possible to add the printerdriver
>> to the samba-server without knowing the password of a printeradmin.
>
> This is a pretty bad idea since you are essentially allowing
> anonymous root access.

Please show me a better way to implement a functionality without a password!

I thing on kerberos and the printer admin in samba?

But what is the problem with the -P switch. cupsaddsmb only runs as
root.

Who has implemented the -P switch at the smbclient and what was his
intention?

You read my email but you didn't answered the real question,
what is the reason for the errormessage at the set driver command?

regards
Franz