winbind in samba4?

Thu Jan 6 22:06:38 GMT 2005

Hi!

Thinking about a winbind architecture for samba4 I think that the "single"
process model quite exactly matches what would be needed. If that is chosen
explicitly, winbind might fit quite well into smbd. If the standard process
model is chosen, this does not work anymore, as we need to share connections to
domain controllers.

How feasible would it be if 'server service = x y z winbind' is chosen in the
"single" process model, just run winbind in normal smbd, and if the standard
process model is chosen, fork off a winbind server, falling back to the
"single" process model in that child, but leaving everything else in place?

Volker