Auth via ADS: using userPrincipalName as username (ref bug #1909)

Marc Lanctot marc.lanctot at mail.mcgill.ca
Thu Jan 6 18:19:00 GMT 2005

Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> Marc Lanctot wrote:
> | Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> |> Maybe.  I'm pretty swamped myself.  If you send me a patch,
> |> I'll review it.  How about that?  And if it looks good, I'll
> |> get it into the tree.
> |>

> | Righty-o. Then which branch should I be working on? 3.1?
>
> Nah.  Work against the SAMBA_3_0 branch.

Question. I'm a n00b at this code.

I've added a function to winbindd_ads.c called
conv_upn_to_samaccountname(). I want to call it from winbindd_pam_auth()
in winbindd_pam.c.

I've added the prototype function pointer to the winbindd_methods struct
definition in winbindd.h and to the winbindd_methods struct instance at
the end of winbindd_ads.c in the correct place (second, right after the
BOOL).

I re-compiled the code without even calling my function anywhere.. and
now Winbind is segfaulting when I try to load it, giving me (see below).
Is there somewhere else I have to put this prototype if I want to call
it from another file?

ads_krb5_mk_req: krb5_cc_get_principal failed (No credentials cache found)
Ticket in ccache[MEMORY:winbind_ccache] expiration Thu, 06 Jan 2005
23:12:26 GMT
Search for (objectclass=*) gave 1 replies
INTERNAL ERROR: Signal 11 in pid 16211 (3.0.11pre2-SVN-build-4539)
Please read the appendix Bugs of the Samba HOWTO collection
smb_panic(): calling panic action [/usr/share/samba/panic-action 16211]
sh: line 1: /usr/share/samba/panic-action: No such file or directory

--
"People have to talk about something just to keep their voice boxes in
working order so they'll have good voice boxes in case there's ever