Speed problem - smbclient doesn't send duplicate ACKs in case of pacekt loss

Derrell.Lipman at UnwiredUniverse.com Derrell.Lipman at UnwiredUniverse.com
Tue Jan 4 03:54:38 GMT 2005

Jeremy Allison <jra at samba.org> writes:

> On Mon, Jan 03, 2005 at 03:48:48PM -0500, Derrell.Lipman at UnwiredUniverse.com
> wrote:
>> If the application doing the sending/receiving is using signals for any
>> purpose, there is a bug in the select() code in samba3 which causes select()
>> to be re-called with the original wait time rather than the original wait
>> time minus the amount of time that has already been waited, if select() is
>> interrupted due to signal.  This means that it's actually possible to never
>> return from the internal function waiting for data, if signals occur
>> regularly enough (approximately once every few seconds, IIRC).  This
>> primarily affects receiving of data (or rather timeouts while awaiting
>> receipt of data), not sending, so is not likely the cause of the OP's issue.
>
> Can you send me this patch asap for evaluation please !  I'd like to get this
> into the latest 3.0.11pre release.

Ok, I've updated from svn with no conflicts, and have the latest 3.0.11pre2
code with my patches.  I'm building now, will sanity test tonight, and send
the patch tomorrow, with an explanation of the changes.

Derrell