svn commit: samba r4440 - inbranches/SAMBA_4_0/source/rpc_server: common srvsvc

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Sun Jan 2 20:18:30 GMT 2005

On Sun, Jan 02, 2005 at 02:56:23PM +0100, Stefan (metze) Metzmacher wrote:
:
> |>NetShareEnum and NetShareEnumAll in our server code,
> |>
> |>run the RPC-SRVSVC smbtorture test against a w2k3 box, to see the difference
> |

> | Keeping in mind that I'm a little out of sync with the code...
> |
> | I'm thinking in terms of what I see on the wire.
> |
> | On the wire, NetShareEnum call is a RAP call (the RPC version is
> | NetrShareEnum)... and it provides the $ names.
>
> there are two rpc calls one returns all shares and one which only return
> non hidden shares.
>
> I think windows clients are using the call that returns all shares,
> and filter them out on the client

Ah...

As I mentioned, I am more familiar with the RAP calls.  I don't know the
RPC calls as well.

I think that the problem is in the naming.  Ethereal uses the prefix Netr
for the RPC calls.  So, when I see "NetShareEnum" I immediately think of
the RAP call, not the RPC call which I know as "NetrShareEnum".
                                                   ^
Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   crh at ubiqx.org