idmap SQL backend

Jeremy Monin jdm314 at nand.net
Wed Feb 23 13:56:30 GMT 2005

Hi,

My site uses samba 3.0.x domain member servers in a Win2K AD domain. We'd
like to use a shared idmap, but it seems overkill to run an LDAP server
solely for this.  (Also the windows admins won't support extending the AD
schema for use as the LDAP idmap backend.)

I wouldn't mind writing code for idmap to a postgres/mysql back-end.
I searched and couldn't find anything similar; but am I reinventing the
wheel here, or is it a bad idea?

Just looking for some feedback before I jump into this.

Thanks,
-Jeremy

Jeremy Monin
Sysadmin and open source developer