Samba Installation Issues - Urgent Help Needed Pleaseeee

Richard Sharpe rsharpe at richardsharpe.com
Tue Feb 22 05:46:12 GMT 2005

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005, [euc-kr] =C0=CC=BC=F6=C8=A3 wrote:

> Is there any Issues with Samba on AIX Version 5.3 ?

There might be. You probably want to send this message to the Samba list
to get more info.

> Our Operation system is AIX V5.3 and we tried to
> install various versions of (including 3.0.11) samba,
> But we came across errors while installing as below.
>
> - configure time
> checking ability to build shared libraries... true
> checking linker flags for shared libraries... \
> -Wl,-bexpall,-bM:SRE,-bnoentry,-berok
> checking compiler flags for position-independent code... -O2
> checking whether building shared libraries actually works... cc: \
> 1501-218 file shlib.po contains an incorrect file
> suffix
> yes

Well, it looks like the instructions for building shared libraries under
AIX are not quite right.

> - make time
> Compiling passdb/machine_sid.c with -O2
> Linking libsmbclient non-shared library bin/libsmbclient.a
> Linking libsmbclient shared library bin/libsmbclient.so
> cc: 1501-218 file libsmb/libsmbclient.po contains an incorrect file suffi=
> cc: 1501-218 file libsmb/libsmb_compat.po contains an incorrect file suff=
ix

This message means much the same as the one above.

> Please Help us in getting over this Issue.

You could try disabling libsmbclient if you are not using it.

> Our Project is getting delayed due to this Issue.

In that case I suggest you hire someone who has experience with AIX and
possibly Samba. Complaining to us is not going to help ... In any event,
anyone who helps will probably need more information unless they have
encountered this problem before.

Regards
-----