Largest file size

Vanderlind, Patrick PVanderl at mwestmp.com
Mon Feb 21 20:31:33 GMT 2005

Hello,
   I am fairly new with Samba and I seem to have an issue with my backup
server. I setup Redhat 9 on a Dell Poweredge 2550 and I installed
samba-3.0.11-1_rh9.i386.rpm. The primary function of this box is to hold my
backup files from other servers. The software I use can backup to a single
BKF file. The largest file I have is in the neighborhood of 38GB. Is there a
size limit for a single file with samba 3.0.11? Redhat says there is a 2TB
file size limit to the EXT3 filesystem for V9. My backup pukes at around
20GB.

Thanks for any assistance

pvanderl at mwestmp.com

Patrick Vanderlind