libsmblclient and closing connections?

Michael Thomas mike at bedarra.com
Thu Feb 17 17:36:45 GMT 2005

Hi,

  Is there a way to close a connection that was created using
smbc_init/smbc_open?

  I have written an apache module that authenticates the user against
the samba permissions of the dir/file being accessed. Everything works
great, except that the samba connections to dot get closed when the http
connection dies. This becomes a major problem after a while as all kinds
of zombie connections are lying around. I see there are some cli_* type
calls that might do the trick, but I was hoping to avoid having to learn
any samba internals etc..

  I looked at the example code avilable and it appears that no close
call is ever made, just an exit() when smbclient etc.. ends.

  Any tips/pointers greatly appreciated.

  Thanks,

  Mike