Help with dfree command parameters

Rohit Kumar Mehta rohitm at engr.uconn.edu
Fri Feb 11 14:54:47 GMT 2005

Hi we use a perl script by putting the following in our smb.conf,

"dfree command = /etc/dfree.pl %U"

What I was wondering is whether or not we can give the script more
information than
just the %U (username).  I would love to know the name of the share or
its path.

The reason this information is useful is because we have some shares
with user based
quotas and some shares (from different volumes of our XFS filesystem)
where we want
to enforce group quotas, but not user quotas.

dfree.pl would then have to return a different amount of available space
based on the
what resource was being accessed.

We would be grateful for any assistance in this matter.

Rohit Kumar Mehta

(Ps We are currently running samba 3.0.11 on Debian stable.)