Samba4 and Heimdal Kerberos dependencies

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Feb 9 21:52:01 GMT 2005

On Wed, 2005-02-09 at 20:43 +1100, Andrew Bartlett wrote:

> I expect that we will function is a reduced fashion - but that this
> should be well designed, and that we use Samba 3.0 as the rough
> benchmark for what minimum facilities should be available on a given set
> of Kerberos/GSSAPI pre-requisites.

Just to clarify this point - perhaps it would be better to put this as
'Samba4 current status' should be the rough benchmark, in terms of raw
GENSEC capability.  What I'm looking at for the Heimdal dependency is
additional functionality - initially as optional GENSEC modules - I'm
not looking to scrap anything at this stage :-)