svn commit: samba r5193 - in branches/SAMBA_4_0/source: smb_server smbd

Andrew Tridgell tridge at osdl.org
Thu Feb 3 10:27:42 GMT 2005

Metze,

 > | +		conn->event.fde = NULL;
 > |  		smbsrv_terminate_connection(smb_conn, nt_errstr(status));
 > |  		return;
 >
 > why do we free the fde event here? I think that done by smbsrv_terminate_connection()

Because a fnum structure in pvfs may have a destructor on it that
tries to send a lock failure reply, which would then refer to the
socket again.

It's possible we could avoid this by changing the memory heirarchy a
little, the above patch was just a simple solution. We know the socket
is dead, so get rid of its event handler to make sure it isn't used.

Cheers, Tridge