A bug maybe; Write list access to Read only share; security = share?

Tony Gaddis tony at permastor.net
Wed Feb 2 23:07:02 GMT 2005

Thank you for the 'map to guest = bad user' tip.  That works like a charm in
'security = user' mode.

I can understand your position with respect to 'security = share'.  I will
use it to achieve what I need.

I am not sure that I know enough, but if there was anyway to contribute to
documenting the behaviors, I would be happy to help.

Again, given the complexities of MS file sharing, I find Samba an amazing
program.

Thanks
Tony Gaddis