svn commit: samba r5180 - branches/SAMBA_3_0/source/rpc_server trunk/source/rpc_server

Guenther Deschner gd at samba.org
Wed Feb 2 20:48:30 GMT 2005

Hi Andrew,

On Thu, Feb 03, 2005 at 07:43:07AM +1100, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> > Log:
> > Call the "add machine script" to create all kinds of trust accounts
> > (this restores old behaviour). Fixes #2291.
>
> I agree on the scripts part, but I'm not sure you should be using:
>
>  se_priv_copy( &se_rights, &se_machine_account );
>
> The point here is to ensure that users with 'add machines to the domain'
> can only add workstations, not BDCs and Domains.  I may be off-base
> here, but I think we just need two 'ifs'.  The script to call and the
> rights to use are different.

Yes, sure. This is what I already asked Jerry in the bugreport.

Another point: We are probably no longer able to create interdomain-trusts
in the correct location from usrmgr. Testing that now.

Guenther

--
Guenther Deschner                                               Samba Team
SerNet GmbH - Goettingen                                      gd at samba,org
gd at sernet.de