Using Samba to send POPUPS query

David Collier-Brown davec-b at rogers.com
Wed Feb 2 13:09:45 GMT 2005

  You actually asked the developer list instead of
the samba list, so I'd re-ask the question
there.

 smbclient -M takes a netbios name, which norm all
describes a computer. For those machines which
register a netbios <03> name for users, the
message system will try to deliver the message
to them.
  However, I don't think it's necessarily
going to be easy unless the thin client registers
the user as a logon session on the server.

--dave

=====