svn commit: samba r5156 - in branches/SAMBA_4_0/source/torture: . nbt

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Wed Feb 2 00:18:00 GMT 2005

On Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 06:16:13AM +0000, tridge at samba.org wrote:
> Author: tridge
> Date: 2005-02-01 06:16:12 +0000 (Tue, 01 Feb 2005)
> New Revision: 5156
>
> WebSVN: http://websvn.samba.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi?view=rev&root=samba&rev=5156
>
> Log:
> started on test driven development of the nbt server. This adds a
> NBT-REGISTER test that tests that a server correctly defends its name
> against broadcast name registrations.
>
> Jeremy, you might like to look at this. Samba3 nmbd fails to respond.

What exactly is failing ? I've been testing this against Samba3 nmbd
and a W2K3 server (not running Wins) and they respond the same, ie.
they return "name is owned by another node" to the first two registration
requests and don't respond to the refresh packet.

I'll test with Wins turned on....

Jeremy.