current release patch page

Lars Müller lmuelle at SuSE.de
Mon Aug 29 19:31:41 GMT 2005

On Mon, Aug 29, 2005 at 01:53:38PM -0500, Gerald Carter wrote:

> Lars Müller wrote:
> | On Thu, Aug 25, 2005 at 03:24:34PM -0500, Gerald Carter wrote:
> |>We are staring a "current release recommended patches" page.
> |>The mirrors should update shortly.
> |>
> |>	http://www.samba.org/samba/patches/
> |>
> |>The idea is to help reduce the duplicate bug reports
> |>and emails about known issues with the current release
> |>and give us a little more breathing room while working
> |>on the next release.
> |
> | Very nice.
> |
> | I would suggest to add a series file which allows
> | people to use the quilt tool[1] to apply all patches
> | in one run.
>
> Lars and I worked out how we plan to support
> multiple releases concurrently.

Seperate sub dirs for the patches?  Prefixes to the patche files?

I just added the possibility to pass a non default series file name as
the first argument to the script.  For example series-3.0.14a  After the
file is downloaded the script creates a sym link series to it.  series
is the default filename for the quilt tool.

It's also possible to path a different PATCH_DIR via the environment.
The default is http://www.samba.org/samba/patches/

> Also, I've added Volker's winbindd patch to the list.

Hey.  You also added it to the series file.  Cool!

Lars
--
Lars Müller [ˈlaː(r)z ˈmʏlɐ]
Samba Team