Samba3 rpc client code.

Chris Nicholls skel at samba.org
Wed Aug 24 16:25:06 GMT 2005

Jeremy Allison wrote:

>On Wed, Aug 24, 2005 at 08:44:12AM -0500, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:
>

>>So how disruptive is this going to be to the
>>libmsrpc work?  I know its necessary.  Am just trying
>>to guage the cleanup after you are done.  I think
>>this will be below the rpc_client/*.c interface, right?
>>

>Don't know - haven't looked at the libmsrpc code, sorry.
>It should be a lot cleaner to interface with it when I'm
>done (that's the plan).

If the cleanup is all below the rpc_client/*.c interface, then it won't
be a problem. Right now the libmsrpc code uses the the struct cli_state*
interface.  If I understand the proposed changes correctly, the
modifications to libmsrpc should be quite manageable.

My only worry is the SOC deadline. If there are a lot of changes to the
rpc_client/*.c interface that end up breaking some parts of libmsrpc it
may cause big problems for the deliverable.

But deadline aside, It doesn't sound like it will cause a large problem.

Chris