Max Path length these days

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Wed Aug 24 14:36:27 GMT 2005

Alexander Bokovoy wrote:

> I've seen 255 UTF-8 characters limits in Japanese Windows versions during
> bug hunting in Samba 3. Not sure that it is hard limit though.

OK, then this entry in the MSCPP header files might not be too short then...

#define MAX_PATH 260

I'll leave MAX_PATH in my code for now. I had seen folks doing crazy things like 1024 and 4096 for the max... nice, but if the OS does not support it then why waste the space for now.

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems