Should we have a maintainers list?

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at vernstok.nl
Tue Aug 23 15:12:38 GMT 2005

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 23, 2005 at 09:48:07AM -0500, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote about 'Should we have a maintainers list?':
> Folks,

> I'm wondering if we should have a maintainers list in the
> Samba tree.  Mostly for small things like pdb_mysql, the
> vscan VFS module, etc....  SO that people know who to contact
> when things don't work as expected with a new release.
> Mailing general bug reports about these code pieces to the main
> Samba list is not usually effective.

> Any objections or concerns?
I would certainly welcome something like this. I generally don't read
samba at samba.org email, unless I get cc-ed.
Plus, a maintainers file could be useful for people that need to know
who to send a patch to.

So, who'll be maintaining the list of maintainers ? ;-)

Cheers,

Jelmer

--
Jelmer Vernooij <jelmer at samba.org> - http://jelmer.vernstok.nl/