swat/desktop

Tim Potter tpot at samba.org
Mon Aug 22 02:14:44 GMT 2005

On Sat, 2005-08-20 at 16:43 +1000, tridge at samba.org wrote:

> Anyone else have any comments on this? How important is it to keep
> SWAT 'web-like'? Or should we fully embrace the new age of 'desktop
> apps in a browser' ?

Do we actually know what the people who actually use this want to do?

I definitely suffer from the Samba Team disease of using neither Samba
nor Windows so I'm hardly in a position to recommend going either way.
(-:

To put it another way, is the desktop app in a browser just another
flavour of the month or does it provide something that is more usable to
our users?

Tim.