Samba 4 diffs for building under HP-UX 11.11 (in gcc environment)

Don McCall donmccall1 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 19 17:17:19 GMT 2005

Hi Tridge,
Saw that, haven't been able to break away from my 'day job' to look at it yet.  One thing, on hp-ux 11.11 we STILL don't have a unified cache, so we still need to disable mmap when we are running on HP-UX - is that still 'do-able' in the Samba 4 code?  Not saying that that explains it, but I need to ask.
I'll try to track down via smbtorture whether we're talking client or server here, hopefully early next week, or this weekend.  Thanks for all your help!
Don

tridge at samba.org wrote:
Don,

> I've re-added the default nobody/nogroup entries to gwen, and will take a look.

ok, we're getting close! It builds and install now, and the
provisioning works, but it fails 10 of our self tests.

Probably the strangest of the failures is the RAW-WRITE and RAW-READ
tests. The read calls which test that the server got the right data in
the files return OK, and give the right number of bytes, but the data
is zero?! Data corruption is a very unusual symptom of a bad port.

This is certainly a very weird one. Could you possibly have a look at
the RAW-WRITE test? As a first step, try and see if its a client or
server problem by running smbtorture on HPUX but pointing it at
another known good server on a different OS (eg. a Samba server or a
windows server). If it works as a client then we know we need to step
through the server code.

We're also getting tdb corruption, which may be part of the same
read/write problem. We've had mmap coherence problems in the past on
HPUX, but I doubt those are the problem here, as we are running smbd
in -M single mode, so coherence shouldn't be an issue.

Cheers, Tridge