re-adding user to group

Chris Nicholls cnicholl at uoguelph.ca
Thu Aug 18 18:04:53 GMT 2005

>I'd assume a caching bug in our server code.  Can you
>test against a Windows DC by chance?
>
>I would also recommend looking at a Simple Samba DC using
>tdbsam and troll the level 10 debug to see why smbd is returning
>that error.

Sorry for the long delay in my reply.

I'm quite confident that this was a problem with my config.  I took a
look at a level 10 debug (ldapsam) and when I tried to re-add the user,
it was pulling a different user out of the cache.  The weird part was,
the user it was picking up wasn't in the LDAP directory so that's why I
think my config was whack.  Anyway, when i configured it for tdbsam, it
started working correctly.

Chris