Domain logon issue with Samba 3.0.20pre2 -> current 3.0.20rc2

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Aug 18 12:14:43 GMT 2005

On Thu, 2005-08-18 at 07:07 -0500, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> Andrew Bartlett wrote:
>
> | The WinXP client logon fine, and download their
> | mandatory profile correctly.  The Win2k client proceeds
> | to download the profile, but fails with the error 'the
> | parameter is incorrect:  the local profile location
> | could not be found'.
> | When I revert the setup to Samba 3.0.13, and delete
> | the profile, the logon succeeds.
> |
> | I have captures:
> | http://hawkerc.net/staff/abartlet/samba-3.0.20-fail-cap/
> |
> | The aug- captures are on current code, the others are
> | 2005-07-13 (Samba 3.0.20pre2).  192.168.23.1 is the server.
>
> ok.  Thanks.  I'll take a look today.
>
> For the record, I have not seen any problems with roaming
> profiles on any platform with the current code.  Or do you
> think it has something to do with mandatory profiles?

I'm really not sure.  The test machine is Fedora Core 3, i386.

Given I have a 'good' and 'bad' version, the only idea I have so far is
to try the slow and painful binary search.

What I do notice is that the queryfsinfo call is the last thing before
the 'close sequence'.  I'm also running the fake_perms VFS module, but
that should just change file owners.  (I'll try to remember to try with
'profile acls' instead tomorrow).