details on client calls

Wed Aug 17 10:50:54 GMT 2005

On Wed, Aug 17, 2005 at 01:05:47AM -0700, samba-technical.10.overbored at spamgourmet.com wrote:
> sorry, i should have been more specific with my questions. i am
> interested in finding out about the smb messages themselves, so in this
> case, the lock semantics. e.g., why does smbtorture expect to be able to
> read in test LOCK4's subtest "this server does do recursive lock
> overlays" (torture.c:1565 in samba-3.0.14a)? wouldn't a write lock be

For torture tests you should *really* look at samba4, in that version the
tests are a lot more exhaustive. For your questions, http://ubiqx.org/cifs/ is
a good starting point. From there on, you should be able to understand the
semantics that this book does not cover from the network behaviour exposed by
the torture tests. That's at least how I (and I would assume many other samba
team members) work.

Volker