svn commit: samba r9330 - in branches/SAMBA_3_0/source/nsswitch: .

Wed Aug 17 09:16:00 GMT 2005

On Tue, Aug 16, 2005 at 05:36:41PM -0500, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:
> I realized after the fact that you had already done this in trunk.
> So now we immediately do the remote query if the cache is outdated.
> Rather than answering from cache and expecting someone to update it
> behind us.  I'm ok with this for 3.0.20.  We need to move the
> user and group enumeration to an async call.  But with that
> exception, the current code should be functional.
>
> Any concerns about this change before we ship?

No concerns. Except that turning the enumeration calls to async is not as easy
as the other ones. I'd very much like an API between the main daemon and the
domain-child that does not suck the complete list but chunks. This then should
turn into the querydispinfo calls and paged ldap searches on the net. And this
changes libads/ which I did not yet dare to do. That's why I tried to start
with enumerating group members first, this seemed an easier task to me.

Volker