Samba4 - unable to join a workstation

Holger Schmieder schmieder at schmieder.de
Tue Aug 16 06:04:34 GMT 2005

Hallo all,

i am trying to join a workstation to an samba4 ADS-Controller.

With Win2K and WinXP it is working, i see a new entry in the ldap-store. Anyhow, after a reboot the machine can't logon to the domain - i get the message "the computer-account is missing or the password is invailid"
In the debug-log i only see ldap-searches to my domain with successfull results. There are no searches for the computers-name.
If i check the Machines-entry for the joined-domain i can see, that the workstation is joined to the realm (in my example schmieder3.intra) instead to the domain (SCHMIEDER3).
This whas my provisioning command:
setup/provision --realm=SCHMIEDER3.INTRA --domain=SCHMIEDER3 --adminpass=xxxxx

Also i tried it with WinNT (SP6a + DS-Client) - completly unsuccessfull !

What i see to: the domain is not browsable - i can logon to the server with the administrator-account but i cannot see the domain in my Network-enviroment.
Is there a special entry in smb.conf to make the domain browsable. Here my smb.conf:

[globals]
        netbios name    = lab04
        workgroup       = SCHMIEDER3
        realm           = schmieder3.intra