svn commit: samba r9316 - in trunk/source/libsmb: .

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Tue Aug 16 05:43:50 GMT 2005

On Tue, Aug 16, 2005 at 03:30:01PM +1000, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-08-16 at 05:06 +0000, jra at samba.org wrote:
> > Author: jra
> > Date: 2005-08-16 05:06:33 +0000 (Tue, 16 Aug 2005)
> > New Revision: 9316
> >
> > WebSVN: http://websvn.samba.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi?view=rev&root=samba&rev=9316
> >
> > Log:
> > You know it's arc4, *I* know it's arc4. Stop trying to pretend it isn't
> > and start to unify all the silly little arc4 implementations we have
> > scattered everywhere - will help when I tidy up the RPC sign+seal code.
> > Jeremy.
>
> Just remember that for the RPC pipe encryption with NTLMSSP, you really
> just want to call the code in ntlmssp_sign.c, which will maintain the
> state behind the interface, and remove the need to call the arcfour code
> directly.  (Schannel likewise should hide this behind a bit of an
> abstraction).

Thanks Andrew - yes, I'm intending to do that - I just realised we had
about 5 different silly arc implementations around that were just wasting
code and I decided enough was enough :-).

I'm going to abstract the state and the currently pipe authenticated
user in a much more Samba4-like way.

Thanks,

	Jeremy.