raw interface and talloc ctx

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Sat Aug 13 02:22:28 GMT 2005

Tim,

 > Add some code to try and work out whether a smb_interface requires a
 > TALLOC_CTX in the function signature.  I'm not sure whether this is
 > going to work as the raw api is a bit inconsistent I think.

I was assuming that the auto-generation would stop at the
structure/union level, and not try to generate the function-level
interface. So the generator would produce a ejs_push_smb_open() and
ejs_pull_smb_open() function, but would not generate the smb_open()
call itself. That would be done by hand in
scripting/ejs/smbcalls_raw.c, but would be extremely simple as there
are only a few functions, and a little bit of cpp would generate them
all in just a few lines of code.

If you don't like that, then the alternative would be to use specially
formatted comments on the unions/structures to specify the calling
convention.

Sound ok?

Cheers, Tridge