Roaming Profiles Support: Is it working correctly?

John H Terpstra jht at Samba.Org
Thu Apr 28 14:45:08 GMT 2005

On Thursday 28 April 2005 03:03, Dirk.Laurenz at fujitsu-siemens.com wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> i have the following Problem with a Samba Server 3.0.9
>
> If an Windows XP SP2 client saves it profile back to the server and
> the profile directory does not exist, windows will create it.
> It users the following permissions:
>
> 	- user:		rwx
> 	- primary group:	 wx
>
> And that's the problem, logging off and on prevents windows from reading
> the saved profile, although the user has full access rights, his primary
> group has none and windows stops reading the profile. If you manually
> change it to rwx for the primary group, windows is able to read it's
> profile perfectly.
>
> The question is now, how to get windows creating it's profile correctly!

Please follow the examples in the book Samba-3 by Example. You can download
this from:

	http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/Samba-Guide.pdf

In particular, check chapters 4,5 and 6. All support roaming profiles. If any
step does not work please let me know so I can fix it.

- John T.

> Mit freundlichem Gruß,
>

> Dirk Laurenz
> Systems Engineer