Fix for setatr in clifile.c

derrell at samba.org derrell at samba.org
Tue Apr 26 20:17:43 GMT 2005

"Satwik Hebbar" <satwikh at calsoftinc.com> writes:

> I was using the cli_setatr function of the smbclient for setting file
> attributes on a file and the cli_setattrE function for setting timestats
> on the file. Both the functions were converting times to the dos format
> before putting them onto the wire. While this works fine for setattrE,
> setatr, which accepts a time_t value for the last write time for the file,
> sets the incorrect last write value on the file. This is because setatr
> expects times in the unix format and when I made that change to the code,
> it started setting the proper last write time value.

Satwik, I am unable to reproduce this problem.  My tests indicate that the
timestamp being passed on the wire by cli_setatr() works properly for setting
the timestamp of a file.  I'm testing against Win2K.  What is your test
environment?  When you post your bug (you haven't done it yet, right?  I don't
see it...), if you could include an ethereal trace showing the problem, that
would be quite useful.

Thanks,

Derrell