Fix for setatr in clifile.c

derrell at samba.org derrell at samba.org
Tue Apr 26 15:08:18 GMT 2005

"Satwik Hebbar" <satwikh at calsoftinc.com> writes:

> Hey,
>
> I was using the cli_setatr function of the smbclient for setting file
> attributes on a file and the cli_setattrE function for setting timestats
> on the file. Both the functions were converting times to the dos format
> before putting them onto the wire. While this works fine for setattrE,
> setatr, which accepts a time_t value for the last write time for the file,
> sets the incorrect last write value on the file. This is because setatr
> expects times in the unix format and when I made that change to the code,
> it started setting the proper last write time value.
>
> How do I submit the patch for this one? And how does it get verified?

Please post a bug at bugzilla.samba.org.  Select "Samba 3.0".  Under
"Component", select "libsmbclient".  You'll need to first provide the details
of the bug similarly to your message here.  Once the bug has been created, you
can then edit the bug and "Create a New Attachment" (where you'll post the
patch).  I'll look into incorporating your patch.

Thanks!

Derrell