Additional sambaAccountType in samba.schema?

Simo Sorce idra at samba.org
Wed Apr 20 19:12:27 GMT 2005

On Wed, 2005-04-13 at 18:08 +0200, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> The group types are already used in the sambaGroupType attribute, I'd like to
> use this in the sambaSamAccount as well. We might use sambaAccountType as the
> attribute name. This would make it possible to restrict an LDAP search to only
> machines for querydispinfo level 2.

I've hit this problem too. I think a sambaAccountType enum is a very
good idea.

> Adding this as is no problem, migration however is. What about a
> sambaSamVersion attribute for the sambaDomainObject together with a migration
> script? This might make future changes possible as well.

Agreed, we definitively need a SAM Version object, we have had way too
many changes lately. I would also add a schema version checking
somewhere, as it happens often that people upgrade to a newver version
that have a newer schema and not notice it until the server starts
malfunctioning.

Simo.

Simo Sorce    -  idra at samba.org
Samba Team    -  http://www.samba.org