SWAT Redesign for Testing

Simo Sorce idra at samba.org
Wed Apr 20 08:25:26 GMT 2005

On Tue, 2005-04-19 at 12:18 -0500, Deryck Hodge wrote:

> I have used Javascript fairly extensively in the new SWAT redesign.  My
> reasoning for this, is that it allows GUI customizations based on user
> preferences, choices, etc. without having GUI features coded in the SWAT
> binary.  There are obvious advantages here, but my ultimate reasoning
> was that it would be nice to move toward a templated SWAT eventually.
> This way SWAT (the binary) would only handle data and template
> processing and all GUI features would be left to XHTML, CSS,
> Javascript... in the HTML template itself.

Go down this route please.
I support your view completely, we should remove as much as possible
from swat and put it into template.
I would also put in template the page logic if possible; so that we can
easily switch froma a full featured javascript/css enabled frontend to a
classic text only frontend by just switching the theme.
That would be great :-)

Simo.

Simo Sorce    -  idra at samba.org
Samba Team    -  http://www.samba.org