Automating Samba / Password Security Road Block

Ronan Waide waider at waider.ie
Sun Apr 17 12:46:48 GMT 2005

On April 17, mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com said:
> However, I find in the Samba world of today, various commands prompt
> for the password to be given apart from the arg list, and those
> commands have be secured such that the password can not be piped
> into the program. Is there a suggested method for scripting Samba
> tasks which prompt for passwords? One friend suggested I might have
> to set up Kerberos to get the job done... seems like just a bit of
> overhead to me.

Most (all?) of the command-line stuff supports being fed credentials
via a file. Check the help text for the commands you're using.

Cheers,
Waider.
--
waider at waider.ie / Yes, it /is/ very personal of me.

"have you had choirs of angels? are they now down to one slightly drunken
 angel singing out of key?" - kate