utmp update for bsd systems (try 2)

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Apr 15 21:52:46 GMT 2005

On Fri, 2005-04-15 at 10:10 -0400, Michael Shalayeff wrote:

> this function is still empty in 3.0.* and api seems to be the same.
> since actual code does not use any samba's own functions i do not see
> any reasons it will not work. unfortunately i run samba in production
> and cannot just replace it w/ other versions that are not too stable
> at the moment.

I'm sorry, but I would be very hesitant to apply a patch that 'should
work' on the current code, without actual validation.

I would also like the view of a FreeBSD hacker on the subject, as it
just seems like the wrong way to build the utmp file - but this is the
most system-dependent area of Samba, and there are some pretty strange
things in there...