Using

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Wed Apr 13 15:05:39 GMT 2005

On Wed, Apr 13, 2005 at 10:39:20AM -0400, Sailaja Josyula wrote:
> We are writing our own SMBserver for Windows.  The reason we are doing
> this is to allow users to map the contents of a DB to a network drive and
> have users use MS Office applications to modify the DB content.

You might just be able to write a custom VFS layer for Samba.  Have you
checked this to see if it'd work for your project?

> We are using Net Use command to get a free drive that we can register our
> SMBserver to.   The Net Use command does not display a logon screen
> and does not require a Re-logon following inactivity within the mapped
> drive.

Are you writing a CIFS server or a client-side shim?  Sorry...  I'm not
quite getting the picture...

> Windows Map Network Wizard provides Logon and Re-logon capabilities.  Is
> there a way to programmatically invoke the Map Network Wizard
> functionalities to map network drive and use its login function?    Just
> want avoide having to write Login code and keep track of length of
> inactivity from users.
>
> Any suggestions?

A while ago, while doing some research on another topic, I found some docs
which (I think) provide info on an API to the same functions used by the
Windows NET command.  They should be there.

Hope that's at least minimally useful.  :)

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   crh at ubiqx.org