Using

Sailaja Josyula sailaja at us.ibm.com
Wed Apr 13 14:39:20 GMT 2005

We are writing our own SMBserver for Windows.  The reason we are doing
this is to allow users to map the contents of a DB to a network drive and
have
users use MS Office applications to modify the DB content.

We are using Net Use command to get a free drive that we can register our
SMBserver to.   The Net Use command does not display a logon screen
and does not require a Re-logon following inactivity within the mapped
drive.

Windows Map Network Wizard provides Logon and Re-logon capabilities.  Is
there a way to programmatically invoke the Map Network Wizard
functionalities to map network drive and use its login function?    Just
want avoide having to write Login code and keep track of length of
inactivity from users.

Any suggestions?

Sailaja Josyula
Websphere Portal Development
IBM Software Group
Phone: 914-784-5472 Tie Line: 863-5472 Fax: 914-784-3833
sailaja at us.ibm.com