Urgent: Active directory and Samba

nickykav nickykav mailnickykav at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 12 18:21:11 GMT 2005

Hi.

I have an AIX5.2 samba server (samba 3.0.4.0). The user ids on the server and the various windows xp machines do not match. i know ath one way to work around this is to use a username mapping on the server but there is another way by providing the authentication as active directory.

Can some one tell me how the use active directory to authenticate users when they try to access the samba shares.

I red some how-to on this but could not follow what had to be done. If some one has done this, please advice.