(no subject)

Steven French sfrench at us.ibm.com
Fri Apr 8 15:21:41 GMT 2005

Simo Sorce wrote:

| Given that new clients do not have this problem and
| that the windows shell do not allow you to create
| files with such names anyway, I would like to add
| a parameter called "mangle legacy" that address this case.
| The parameter will not be on by default and will be
| useful only for who happen to have unix apps (or unix
| access eg by NFS/NCP/AppleTalk/...) that create such
| filenames. If the parameter is active such names will
| be mangled, otherwise not.

Note that Windows has two shells (not cmd.exe) which can create files with
the seven reserved characters
(and Windows client, or SFU itself on the client perhaps, will remap them),
These shells are available when
you install SFU on the box.

Steve French
Senior Software Engineer
Linux Technology Center - IBM Austin
phone: 512-838-2294
email: sfrench at-sign us dot ibm dot com