svn commit: samba r6219 - in branches/SAMBA_4_0/source: librpc/rpc ntvfs/posix

Andrew Tridgell tridge at osdl.org
Wed Apr 6 03:13:20 GMT 2005

Richard,

 > This change allows us to fall back to authenticating without
 > DCERPC_SCHANNEL_128 if we fail. Thus, it allows us to work with Windows
 > NT DCs ...

Could you explain in what situation this is needed? What specific
setup and set of calls is triggering this?

The reason I ask is that your patch makes the test suite testing of
whether 128 bit schannel works completely useless.

 > -	pvfs_list_hibernate(dir);
 > +	/*pvfs_list_hibernate(dir);*/

Did you really mean to commit this too? If so, why are you changing
this? Have you thought about the consequences in terms of a denial of
service attack?

A golden rule of commits is that you read the diffs before the commit.

Cheers, Tridge