Raw client library, errors and header values

Richard Sharpe rsharpe at richardsharpe.com
Tue Apr 5 23:08:47 GMT 2005

On Wed, 6 Apr 2005, Andrew Bartlett wrote:

> I was trying to modify the BASIC-SECLEAK test to also detect what vuid
> was returned for failed logins, so the client does not (as richard
> reported) perform a LogoffAndX on that vuid.  (I also need to fix his
> server-side segfault for that action).

I noticed that a real Windows logon does much the same as we do. That is,
when it returns NT_STATUS_MORE_PROCESSING to an SessionSetup&X, it also
returns a non-zero User ID (vuid), and it does that with the response to
the final SessSetup&X, even if the response is STATUS_LOGON_FAILED.

The Windows client then does a Logoff&X, to which the server returns Bad
User ID.

Regards
-----