possible issue with Windows 2003 sp1

Alex de Vaal a.vaal at nh-hotels.com
Mon Apr 4 12:23:23 GMT 2005

Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> Alex de Vaal wrote:

> | Ergo: winbind breaks in resolving AD groups when
> | SP1 is applied to Windows 2003.

> Did the patch correct it for you ?
> http://samba.org/~jerry/patches/post-3.0.13/winbindd_2k3sp1.patch

I see that in this patch file only winbindd_cm.c is patched, so I downloaded
the
latest (rev. 6158) from the SAMBA_3_0 branch (you fixed some misleading
error messages after this patch) and compiled in to my 3.0.13 build
on Fedora Core 2.

I tested this patched version against a W2k3 server with SP1 in my test
environment
(it is the only W2k3 DC in my test environment at the moment).
It seems that, with this patch, winbind is "alive and kicking" resolving AD
groups again.
getent group "NH-HOTELES\dep_dussel_member" works now as it didn't work
before
the patch.
With 'chown' I could also give an AD group access to a Linux directory.

I'll continue testing Samba against a W2k3 sp1 server in the coming weeks.
If I find other issues, I'll let you know.

Ciao,
Alex.