Kerberos support for smbspool

Rodrigo Fernandez-Vizarra Rodrigo.Fernandez-Vizarra at Sun.COM
Mon Apr 4 10:37:07 GMT 2005

Hi Simo,

I don't think that is possible without modifying CUPS.

The smbspool is a CUPS backend that it's executed by CUPS, all backends
receive the same parameters and the -k is not in that list.

CUPS should also be aware that it's using a smb backend to add that
extra parameter. All other backends doesn't need that -k. This will make
CUPS not to behave the same way with all the backneds and that is not
very nice

I think there is no need for this extra parameter, if you don't get the
credentials in the $DEVICE_URI you can try to get them from kerberos,
and if it fails you can always try to perform an anonymous authentication.

Regards,
Rodrigo