Pointer parmeters are always [ref] unless stated explicitly

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Mon Apr 4 04:00:28 GMT 2005

On Mon, 4 Apr 2005 10:33:57 +1000
Andrew Tridgell <tridge at osdl.org> wrote:

> What we can do, however, is cooperate on the IDL files themselves and
> on test suites and knowledge about how the associated machinery works
> (such as the many RPC auth, sign and seal methods).

Tridge,

What's the word on making pointer parameters [ref] unless stated
explicitly? I'm worried about difference in PIDL and MIDL semantics
because converting by hand can easily lead to mistakes that will make
it on the wire.

Mike

--
IRC - where men are men, women are men, and the boys are FBI agents.