Samba4 as a member server against an NT4 PDC

Richard Sharpe rsharpe at richardsharpe.com
Fri Apr 1 23:00:08 GMT 2005

Hi,

I am having some problems with a Samba 4 server as a member server against
an NT4 PDC ...

I seem to be able to join the domain OK, and good stuff gets put in the
secrets.ldb, but when I connect from a workstation, the samr_LogonSamLogon
fails in the NetrServerAuthenticate2 RPC.

We get back ACCESS_DENIED, and Samba tells me that it failed to setup the
credentials ...

The only interesting thing I can see at this point is that the negotiate
flags on the ServerAuthenticate2 are 0x600FFFFF, while another more
successful capture I have for an NT4 PDC uses 0x000001FF.

Has anyone had success with this?

Regards
-----