mod_ntlm_winbind question

Eric Ladner eric.ladner at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 21:40:49 GMT 2004

Do you think it would be possible to modify this module to provide group
authentication capabilities?

For example, to allow members of an NT group to be passed through, something
like so:

blah blah...
NTLMGroup  SomeNTGroup SomeOtherNtGroup
Require    valid-user

That way, anybody who is a member of those two groups would get through without
noticing the authentication, but anyone else is blocked.

I think the smbauth mod does this, but it lacks the NTLM part for transparent
authentication.

Thanks,

Eric