get_domain_user_groups() improvement.

Igor Belyi sambauser at katehok.ac93.org
Thu Sep 30 19:02:19 GMT 2004

John P Janosik wrote:
> I tested this patch in a 20000 user test Samba/openldap domain and it
> worked ok when I was connecting in as root.  When winbindd on a member
> server connects anonymously or as a non-priv user with --set-auth-user I
> get "smbldap_open: cannot access LDAP when not root.." errors in the logs.
> I added become_root and unbecome_root calls in rpc_server/srv_samr_nt.c
> before and after the calls to the new pdb interface methods to work around
> those problems.

Thanks!

And by 'calls to pdb' you mean both pdb_enum_group_prmembers() and
pdb_getsampwnam() calls, right? :o)

Acctually, for pdb_getsampwnam() it will be better to have
become_root()/unbecome_root() outside of the for loop it is used in.
..and then it will call for rewrite of the 'if' returning False to be
just a fall out of the loop... That what you get for not thinking it
through.

BTW, does it really improve performance? :o)

Igor