"Trans2 request" after an "andx create request" problem (bug?)

Xyster ! xyster_ at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 29 03:03:18 GMT 2004

When in doubt try the least plausible. The only difference between the two
requests is in byte 0x76 (of the frame), the first, successfull one, has it
properly set to 0x00 while the seond, failed one, has it set to 0x80. My old
version of Ethereal claims that byte is reserved (after setup count), it is
possible Samba depends on that byte being zero when it should not be looking
at it.

Either way, your client would be at fault.

Cheers,

Yuval