VFS - Making A File copy

Chetana chetana at fstream.net
Mon Sep 27 11:36:33 GMT 2004

Hello,
	I am using samba 3.0.2a with openldap on Solaris 8. I have written a small
vfs module(opaque) to do the file reading, writing etc  to our actual File
System which is a File Storge Server on another Solaris 8. Almost all
functions work fine, however when I try to copy a file from directory-A of
this vfs module to directory-A/directory-B
of the vfs module I get a (SMBntcreateX)NT_STATUS_SHARING_VIOLATION error. I
have not implemented the file lock function and use samba in user mode.
The file access mode is
	sbuf->st_mode = S_IRWXU | S_IROTH | S_IXOTH
and the directory access mode is
	sbuf->st_mode = S_IFDIR | S_IRWXU | S_IROTH | S_IXOTH
Also I get the (SMBlockingX) NT_STATUS_RANGE_NOT_LOCKED error when I try to
modify any
word document or any other microsoft related file(PPT,excel etc...).Does
this mean I need to implement
file locking? If yes can someone suggest how to implement a minimal dummy
file locking function?
Any help in solving this problem is highly appreciated...
Many Thanks,
Chetana
PS: I am accessing samba using windows explorer from a windows 2000
professional.